I think that the most difficult about challenging opinions of other people are the strong arguments that can come out of a simple talk.
Many times before I had lost contact with people or even they stop talking to me totally because I did not agree with their point of views. I am not afraid of disagreeing because of the content of my opinion or the others but the consequences in my interpersonal relationship with those people.
One of the things that hurts me the most is to lose a good friend because we can reach a point in our debate in which both of us are in agreement, on good terms. Maybe due to this age is also difficult, no one wants to feel that they know less than others, all of us want to have the reason.
I usually try to deal with this...
because obviously, it not always work, by listening to their complete opinion about the topic before giving my point of view. Doing this I feel that I show how truly interested I am in hearing their thoughts. Often, people get mad because they think that you are not truly paying attention to their opinions, that they are just words and not a true part of their beliefs.
So, I think that is a good way of facing this. Normal talks can become strong arguments in a few words. When both of you lose your patience there is not coming back.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario