lunes, 13 de agosto de 2018

Reflection: emotional self-management

Talking personaly: 

I was ask to shared with you what emotions are the most difficult to managed when others disagree with me and I must say that this is quite difficult to admitt.
  1.  Doubt: When someone disagrees with I inmediately think that probably I was wrong all along. Is a bad habit to tend to give others the reason without being a 100% sure about the arguments that others are exposing to me. Which makes me vulnerable while exposing my own arguments because I lost total confidence in what I think I know.
  2. Anger: Though is not that strong, the feeling I get when someone disagrees with me is like a really heavy feeling of anger. I take too personal when this happen towards topics I feel completely sure about and  I feel that people in general always want to humilliate you in some way. Maybe I took it too personal but is something I cannot avoid most of the time and I admit that is really childish but I do not really know how to fix that yet.
  3. Anxiety: I just lost it sometimes and disagreements just create internal debates in my mind. Often,this thoughts lead me to the path of throwing away all I believe about the topic exposed and giving the reason to the other person. Even if that other person is wrong I confine myself that I am the one who do not know anything at all.

Then, I try to deal with these by:

  1. Thinking about other topics that I am sure I know about, so I do not restrain myself just feeling like an ignorant.
  2. Shutting my mouth and bitting my tongue. Sometimes is best to not talk and ended up totally destroyed by others arguments. So, I can just by hearing, learn about what I did not knew or what I had wrong information about and redeem myself.
  3. Breathing slowly so I can calm the negative physical reactions of an argument. This is, particulary difficult for me because I have always had a bad physical condition due to stress.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Homeschooling: an educational alternative

Traditional schools have always been top in the educational system. For years, formal education has been referred as the only sort of educ...