sábado, 25 de agosto de 2018

What student I am?


Bodner (1988) states that students " are unable to apply their knowledge outside the narrow domain in which they learned". Which means that they just read and memorize instead of criticising what they learn every day which generates students that do not really keep anything for their personal growth.

I probably identify myself partially in Bodner's description of students. Which obviously is not good... But, I must say that It depends on what I am studying. All my life I have been the kind of student that learns something and then if the topic or information was interesting  I would look for even more information at home. Nowadays I will say that this has not changed at all. If I did not find appealing a topic I will keep what I was taught and that is it, then if someone corrects me then I will change the way I see that topic but not before. Maybe is a little sad but sometimes you cannot go deeper into some knowledge because most of them are not useful for your context or the kind of person you are, they are just information that you know but you do never apply. Like maths.

Maybe now that I read Bodner I will try to be a little more conscious of what my teachers are trying to transmit to me but I cannot promise anything for sure. Either way, I am gonna try and see if I get too stuffed with information and ended up forgetting everything. 



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Homeschooling: an educational alternative

Traditional schools have always been top in the educational system. For years, formal education has been referred as the only sort of educ...