But, I think that most of them are not a problem for me. I am the kind of person how gives their opinions and shares their thoughts without any censorship... most of the times. I am not perfect.
Probably the two reasons that most affect my thoughts are being afraid of experts and my own affective reasons towards the topics. I am a person how feels emotionally attack when being criticized thought I have improved while receiving critics there are people who do not. There are people which you cannot give your opinions or thoughts freely because maybe they are your friends or your teachers or even your parents and due to the respect you have towards them you do not want to make them feel that you attack their knowledge.
Then the fear towards experts, well is the same as up here. But, this tie is you how will feel attack and feel that you do not know anything at all which will remove all the motivations you had to know more.
Probably I will try though, I am already trying to do not lose my motivation to learn about the topics of my interest. Lately, I can see that asking my teachers is not that difficult and most of them are really kind thought their intonations while talking to me are kind of scary. But, at the end I guess is important to know that asking to know more is not bad and critic others are not the end of the world. We all want to know what is the truth about any topic and asking and comparing is one way of doing it.
Hello, Lu
ResponderEliminarI totally agree with you about one of the barriers which you mentioned above. It is the reluctance to criticise those with more expertise. I think it happens to me most of the time when a group of people is discussing a topic and I perhaps have different ideas or I have read some information about it but I am not able to talk about it because in the group, there are people who kmow more about because I thik if I talk, they will probably attack me for my comment.
You know Luisa, it is the big problem that we are not able to defend our opinions. For that reason, we are in the process of developing our critical thinking skills.